- First drinks are still on at World Water Week on 31 August 2016 at 20:00. I’m scouting out locations there soon and will let you know as soon as I can.
- You may have noticed that the total number of jobs that is shown on the main page of the website “as active” has gone down drastically. Before, jobs that whose deadline had passed were still counted in this number, but now those jobs will no longer be counted or visible on the website unless you click on the job link directly. Soon there will also be a clear indication that the job deadline has passed on the individual job pages.
- These last weeks of August are always rough weeks in terms of the number of jobs. It’s a slow time of year… I’m actually surprised August has had as many as it has thus far.
- Once I have some time, I will put together a small survey for you all to fill out to see how we’re doing with the website and ways that we can improve, as two+ months have gone by since the launch.
Back to jobs....
View Josh's 23 August 2016 water jobs online here.
Here are the 23 August jobs as a PDF and Word doc (these do not include 'Additional Positions' that I have added):
Dates shown are closing dates unless otherwise indicated. 'None' means no closing date was indicated. 'Soon' means, well...soon!
As more jobs come in I will post them at the bottom (Additional Positions) and date when I post them. I am also posting some general job sites. I will continue to post my weekly summary of Josh's jobs and more.
Some General Employment Resources:
9) AAG Jobs
16) NYC DEP
19) Idaho DEQ
To the jobs!
1) Program Officer – National Geographic Society (Washington DC): Until filled (It’s National Geographic. Need I say more?)
Minimum experience level requested:
2) Program Associate (Clean Energy & Water) – Winrock International (Arlington, VA, USA): Until filled
3) Fellow (Clean Water Supply) – American Rivers (Atlanta): Until filled
4) Research Associate (Philanthropic Services Practice) – California Environmental Associates (San Francisco): Until filled
6) Watershed Institute Coordinator - Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed Association (Pennington, NJ, USA): 5 September
7) Spanish speakers/Local hire: Profesional de Apoyo en Hidrología – UNOPS (Mexico): 26 August
8) Event Executive (International) – International Hydropower Association (IHA) (London): 7 September
9) Programme Support Assistant – UNU (Dresden, Germany): 1 September
10) Environmental Analyst – Edwards Aquifer Authority (San Antonio, TX, USA): 8 September
11) Local hire: Environmental Specialist – World Bank (New Delhi): 6 September
12) Team Leader – Palladium (Tanzania): 19 September
13) GIS/Data Specialist – TNC (Mexico): 2 September
14) Environmental/Climate Evaluation Officer – World Bank (Washington DC): 12 September
15) Senior Research Scholar/Senior Project Officer – IIASA (Vienna): Until filled
16) Director (Technology Impact and Innovation) – water.org (San Francisco or Kansas City, MO, USA): Until filled
17) Private Sector Advisor – WaterAid (London): 4 September
18) Advisor (International Water Stewardship Programme) – GIZ (Pakistan): 1 September
19) Hydrological Modeling and Data Assimilation – Jet Propulsion Laboratory (Pasadena, CA, USA): 16 September
20) Director (School of Natural Resources) – University of Missouri-Columbia (Columbia, MO, USA): 15 September
21) Postdoctoral position (Urban hydraulic and water quality modeling) - Institut national de la recherche scientifique (Quebec City, Canada): 17 September
22) Voss Postdoctoral Research Associate in Environment and Society – Brown University (Providence, RI, USA): 1 November
23) WASH Inclusion Technical Advisor – Handicap International (Beirut): 26 August
24) Jordan nationals: WASH Officer (Networks) – UNICEF (Jordan): 3 September
25) WASH Technical Advisor (Syria) – IOCC (Lebanon): 19 September
26) French speakers: Chef de project WASH – ACTED (Niger): Until filled
27) French speakers: Coordinateur WASH – ACTED (Niger): Until filled
28) French speakers: Co-facilitateur cluster WASH – ACTED (Niger): Until filled
29) WASH Project Manager – Joint Aid Management (Angola): 25 August
30) French speakers: Un Coordinateur Eau, Assainissement et Hygiène (H/F) – ACF (Chad): Until filled
31) Shelter and WASH Project Coordinator – NRC (Syria): 7 September
32) Urban WASH Advisor – GOAL (Sierra Leone): Until filled
33) Consultancy (WASH) – UNICEF (Angola): 31 August
34) WASH Coordinator for El Niño Emergency Drought Relief – UNICEF (Lesotho): 2 September
35) Ethiopia nationals: WASH Consultant – DAI (Ethiopia): Until filled
36) Senegal nationals: WASH Consultant – DAI (Senegal): Until filled
37) French or Arabic speakers: WASH Consultant (Country Team Leader) – DAI (Senegal): Until filled
38) Call for Applications for Environment & Climate Consultants – IFAD (Various): 30 September
39) Project Formulation Specialist and Team Leader / Climate Change Adaptation Specialist – UNDP (Mongolia): 29 August
Posted: 23 August 2016
"True heroism serves the common good, or it is not really heroism at all." - Richard Rohr