Thanks for stopping by and reading the initial post of WaterWired.
My objectives in establishing this blog are:
1) Providing my perspective on today's water and related issues, regardless of where they may be - the Pacific Northwest, the rest of the USA, or the developing/developed world;
2) Illustrating the many facets of water - as a life-giver, commodity, resource, nuisance, weapon, vehicle for cooperation, instigator of conflict, subject matter for literature/art, etc.;
3) Soliciting and listening to your perspectives on water;
4) Satisfying my desire to be a "writer" (gees, I guess "blogger" is the proper term);
5) Educating and entertaining my readers (and myself!); and, above all
6) Stimulating thought and generating controversy (though never for its own sake!)
Again, thanks for visiting, and I hope you will return frequently.
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water.
Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong,
there is nothing that can surpass it."
-- Lao-tze, 6th century BC